Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Diagnosed

Sept. 6, 2017 7 p.m.

Today has been utterly draining and terrifying for me. It is the day I finally chose to seek psychological help. Diagnoses: PTSD, which if you don't know, is a "mental health problem that some people develop after experiencing or witnessing a life-threatening event, like combat, a natural disaster, a car accident, or sexual assault."


I am not making this post/blog for attention or sympathy, but to simply share my story and tell others that have been through the same experiences that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! As a child I was sexually abused numerous times which in turn has caused me to suppress these memories as an adult almost entirely... until now. I am currently on the pathway to recovery and working on mending the parts of me that were ripped away during my innocence. 

        (Image credit: fireemsleaderpro)

Abuse is something nobody should have to go through; however, if you or someone you know have experienced abuse, please don't feel ashamed because you are THE VICTIM and it is NOT your fault. I have lived with shame since I was a very young child and all that has done is make me an angry person. Today I vow to choose my own path, determine my own future and find the happiness I deserve by speaking MY TRUTH. 


If you or someone you know is living with PTSD and need someone to speak to please reach out. Post traumatic stress disorder is a serious mental illness that can control your entire life. Don't wait like I have, please get help. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.... #ptsd #abuse #sexualabuse



No comments:

Post a Comment